BEIJOS COCKTAIL | FEBRUARY 6, 2024
a sweet treat for your sweetie.
Hey there! Let’s chat about something delicious – the blackberry bramble! This drink is perfect for any occasion and can be made with or without alcohol (but let’s be real, it’s more fun with gin!). The cocktail is named after the bush where the sweet blackberries grow, which gives this drink its delicious flavor. You’ll need to whip up your lemon-rosemary “lemonade” and a delightful blackberry syrup to make it. It’s like a glass of blackberry lemonade but with a grown-up twist. This layered blackberry bramble cocktail is perfect for serving a crowd; everyone will love it.
*photography by Dayna Studios
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 10 juniper berries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 lemons juiced
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- 6-8 cups of ice
- Sparkling water
- 1 small apple sliced and blackberries as garnish
- 4 shots vodka (one shot per drink) if making it a cocktail
- Let’s start with placing 4 glasses in the freezer. Leave them there to chill out.
- Take the frozen blackberries, juniper berries, and sugar in a pot with a small splash of water and bring it to a simmer. Smash the fruit until it breaks down. Let it simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from the heart. Cool down for a couple minutes and place in a blender on high speed until pureed and smooth. Strain through a fine mesh and place in the fridge to cool down and get cold.
- Add the lemon juice and small rosemary sprig in a clean blender and blend for 20 seconds. Strain juice and set aside.
- Take the frosted glasses out of the freezer, fill half way through with crushed ice, then pour equal amounts of the lemon/rosemary mix into each glass, add a splash of sparkling water and top each glass with ice all the way to the top. If you are making this a cocktail, add the vodka at this time as well. Lastly, pour about 3oz of the juniper and blackberry reduction in each glass. Garnish with edible flowers and serve!