BEIJOS EATS | SEPTEMBER 18, 2023
fire up dessert tonight.
Looking to elevate your next dessert? This classic French dessert will impress your guests and make their tastebuds really happy. This sweet cherry jubilee flambé recipe mixes juicy Harry & David cherries with currant jelly and lemon, before it’s topped with brandy and lit on fire. Desserts for a crowd don’t often wow like this one does. See their eyes light up, and pushing each other out of the way to be the 1st one served.
*photography by Dayna Studios
Sweet Cherry Jubilee Flambé
- 1 ½ cups cherry juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Blend cherry juice with cornstarch in a chafing dish or shallow pan.
- Add jelly and lemon.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened.
- Add cherries and heat thoroughly. If you use a pan, pour the mixture into a heated serving dish.
- Pour over the hot cherries and carefully light with a match. Let the flame burn down and immediately pour the sauce over ice cream and serve.