BEIJOS EATS | OCTOBER 17, 2023
Soup night, every night.
Fall vibes on fleek! We have said it and will say it again. Soup season all year long for us. This creamy (without the cream)ginger turmeric pumpkin soup will be your new weeknight go-to. Filled with roasted sautéed veggies that are cooked with yummy ginger and turmeric that give the soup an earthy vibe. Then, add in peanut butter that helps give the pumpkin that nutty taste, you will love it! The best part is you can eat this all soup, and for you fellow non-dairy peeps, your tummy won’t feel all bloated with all that heavy cream. These types of soup are my jam, and happy to share this fav with you today. It’s soup season!!
*photography by Dayna Studios
A Pumpkin, Turmeric & Ginger Soup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 cm piece fresh turmeric finely chopped -OR- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 1.2 kilos Japanese pumpkin kabocha squash, peeled & roughly chopped, or any pumpkin
- 5 large carrots peeled & roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbs peanut butter
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups boiling water
- Place a large deep pot over medium heat, add the ghee and melt.
- Add the onion, turmeric, ginger, garlic and chili flakes to the pot with the ghee.
- Next, add the chopped carrot and pumpkin into the pot with the onion mixture, and saute for 5-10 minutes until the pumpkin and carrots begin to soften and caramelise on the edges.
- Add the peanut butter and mix well.
- Add the stock and boiling water, ensuring the pumpkin and carrot are completely covered. If not, add a little more water.
- Cook on medium/low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin and carrot are soft, blend the soup with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Serve with toppings of your choice, but always edible flowers are the way to go!!