BEIJOS COCKTAIL | OCTOBER 13, 2023
it’s the season of the witch.
There is nothing more fun then a spooky yet pretty cocktail. This pink potion is a classic Paloma but with a few twists and turns to make it a little extra. Butterfly pea flower which creates a witchcraft affect turning the drink from a blueish tone to a pink color. And then adding a charred grapefruit at the end which adds a smoky flavor. All details I think a witch would love! Let’s cheers Friday the 13th with this witchy grapefruit Paloma.
*photography by Dayna Studios
A Witchy Grapefruit Paloma
- 1 tbsp Butterfly pea flower
- 1 1/4 oz grapefruit simple syrup
- 2 oz Club soda or seltzer
- 2 oz Grapefruit juice
- 2 oz Tequila
- Infuse the tequila with the butterfly pea flower for 5-10 minutes, and then drain.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the tequila and simple syrup into the glass.
- Stir together in a separate container the grapefruit juice and seltzer.
- Once ready to serve, top off the cocktail with juice mixture. Garnish with a charred grapefruit slice. You can do this simply by either putting the citrus slices on the grill, or you can use a kitchen torch. I find that the easiest and fastest.
- Watch that witch craft happen as the cocktail turns from blue to shades of pink and purple.