BEIJOS EATS | September 25, 2023
not just a pretty soup.
It’s officially Fall y’all! Bringing on all the Fall vibes with this purple sweet potato soup. This colorful soup is not just pretty, but it’s delicious, packed with flavor, and incredibly easy to make! Let’s just get right to it!
Purple Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ pounds purple sweet potatoes chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the butter and oil to the pot. Add the onion, potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Add the Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Once potatoes are soft, turn off heat. Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth, then return to the pot to season to taste and reheat until you are ready to serve. This can also be made directly in the pot by using an immersion blender.
- Garnish with some watermelon radishes, micro greens, and some sesame seeds.